Right now it is in the middle of minimal mess, which is driving me up the wall. The entire house can be trashed, except for the desk and the kitchen. If these two places are good I can handle anything. Messing up my desk is akin to messing up my already muddled brain. Not pretty.
I can see a clean up on the horizon. The sorting out and tidying up thing. Where I basically find a box or bag to throw the stuff I am sick of seeing in the cupboard and drawers and on the shelves.
I guess the need for clean started way back in the dark ages, when I had my first computer, which was a huge desktop, not even a tower, which took up nearly half of the desk, couple that with an old fashioned CRT monitor and there you have it, just enough room for the keyboard, mouse and a cup. Getting messy back then wasn’t an option.
I was always in search of THE desk, the one that just fitted me. I can still recall the afternoon, sitting with a bunch of friends watching them all freeze in fear when I asked about borrowing an electric jigsaw. Seems the idea of yours truly doing a female version of Rambo on a desk that was too high for her was enough to have one of the guys volunteering to drive forty kilometres to do the job for me. Gotta love that trust. These days I have a totally different desk, but one with shelves that run the length of the whole thing. Allowing for various computer and non-computer things to live in blissful harmony. I am not a fan of the minimalist idea of decorating. Never was, give me dust collectors and other various what nots and I am happy. Takes about an hour to dust the whole disaster down, but still, I will not be one of these one arty farty vase in the middle of nowhere on a shelf people. The threat of dying of boredom for me is too great.
So is there anyone else out there game enough to share the ugly truth about their own personal platforms to world domination? Go on. I dare you. Let's see how many brave souls fess up. Haha.
The cave.
5 comments:
Bit dissapointed. Only one monitor.
Look closer, there is a netbook there as well, Hoc's laptop is to the left of the picture as well. lol.
Come people, don't be shy!
Hmm, looks OK to me. lots of room to move, room for personalizing type thingos, mish mash of cords at the back. It is way neater and roomier than mine. But I never said I was a tidy person. I'm sure I never promised that, hubby is the one who freaks out about the mess our house is in.
Not showing mine ! can just see the screen through the junk around it!
Not one person brave enough to share......sigh.
Post a Comment