Saturday, September 5, 2026

When people say I don’t have patience….

 

Recently, very recently, I was tempted to be somewhat unkind. Unfortunately two things came together in the kitchen and it didn’t end well. In other words, the feline food slut got into a saucepan of cooling food. He managed to push the pot clean off the stove and onto the floor. Fortunately the glass lid survived the impact, which did surprise me, but the saucepan given the extra weight of the food did not bounce as well as its lid. In other words the rim go so badly redesigned that the lid had no way to fit onto the top of the pot.

So after resisting the urge to introduce the cat to the rainbow bridge, I stepped back and worked through the problem. My first stop was the internet, to see if it could be replaced if needed. It was available, but I really didn’t want to spend money just yet. So I took some time and looked at the problem. Today I fixed it. A few well aimed belts with a suitable hammer and we are right to go for the next stew up.

It’s little things like that, remembering what you were taught 40-50 years ago that come in handy. That and actually have a toolbox with actual tools into to work with. But that’s another story.

No comments: