Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Now ain't I a good little wife?

Never let it be said I do not love Husband of the century. After a little drama involving Hoc and a rodeo, you’d think I would be doing the usual wife thing and proclaiming there shall be no more of that silliness thank you very much. In the silly stakes I can do far better than that.

After a quick phone call this morning, I am going to be husbandless for about ten days, due to Hoc traveling north to help out at yet another rodeo, doing exactly the same job that had him requiring a hospital stay the last time. With my blessings. I am sure there will be the odd thought along the lines of “Have you lost your mind, woman?” by the one or two reading this. Well the answer to that is of well course I have, many years ago. Put it in a safe place and haven’t seen it since. But that has little to do with sending off Hoc to once again tango with some rather large, hairy, and horn accessorised critters. He loves the whole spectacle. Quite simply it’s his ‘thing’. And be dammed if I am going to stop him from having some well earned fun.

For those reading who are not familiar with this previous little episode, let’s just say it ended on a not so high note. I have again included the picture of Hoc being more or less carried out of the ring, something he still has absolutely no memory of after being launched skywards via a large, hairy and horned head making contact with his back at what seemed like a hundred kilometres an hour.




This is of course after assuring me just before he left his job was one of the safest jobs in the whole thing.

Of course such love and devotion from the wife also included the demand he not wear anything remotely looking like a target, and to try and not end up getting launched into the atmosphere by bad mannered bulls. All done with tongue firmly wedged in cheek, because with our family, to be royally paid out on, is to be loved. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, so to speak, I shall be throwing myself into the rest of the spring clean. Hopefully by the end I shall not resemble something that has had a very large animal tap dance on me. Hoc has informed me over doing it will also result in him having a very real and true to life hissy fit in full cranky old bull mode. If he manages to keep his feet attached to the ground this time. Ha-ha.

No comments: