Crank the music, let my mind wander over the day, the week, what ever recent events that have occurred. Type a line or two, stop and think, like? Hate and delete? Mostly like, go with it. See where it takes me.
Music goes up another notch, while I can be listening, head nodding with it, I am off and running with the idea. Forming the way I will take it, stopping once in a while when a good part of a song starts. Music is by now so loud everything on the desk is vibrating with the music including the laptop.
Threading the story with some humour, writing then reading it as though I have never seen that side of the joke. Making sure I talk to the reader, as if they were in the same room as me. But always reminding myself the written word does not have the benefit of voice inflection. Relying on capitol letters and punctuation only occasionally. Keeping that for the loudest of comments.
Really getting into stride now, thanking god I took typing in high school because the words are being typed nearly as fast as I am thinking. Sometimes it is difficult to get my attention right now, I will have at least two to three sentences formed in my head that I want down now. I am just waiting for my fingers to catch up with me. Letting the idea run its course, bringing it all together, knowing my little piece will have the equivalent of about three to four minutes of life should I have spoken it. I want to make my point, get my message across in the fastest and easiest way I can, and if I can including at least a couple of laughs.
Towards the end I can take the time to wind down just a little bit, knowing that by now I have put it out there. What ever I was thinking about. This is the time to slowly apply the breaks. Working out how I am going to finish the piece up, maybe with a smile, a personal opinion, sometimes even challenging others to reflect on what ever it was I was talking about.
In the end all I have to do is the sign off. It is done. Down. Finished. Normally in under half an hour. Unless like today I am in a writing mood. Time taken to do the first write? 13 minutes, 45 seconds. With breaks for a bit of singing. Edited in two minutes.
Makes you wonder what I was like BEFORE I gave up having sugar in my coffee!
1 comment:
Bloody hell, I still have sugar in my coffee, and I dont run at that speed, Lol
But yeah when I do write, which hasnt been in a long time, its all done and dusted in less than half an hour.
Post a Comment