Thursday, June 4, 2009

Temple of doom.

Yesterday, Husband of the century mentioned he was feeling down about having to go to that Palace of Pain, Centerstink. I pointed out that was perfectly natural, given that Mickey Mouse would loose the will to live at that joint.

We have two places to choose from, feeling just a tad tired and emotional, we chose not to go to the one where the queues guarantee a wait of an hour before you even speak to someone, then there is the full time security guard wandering around the place, giving everyone the evil eye adding a nice touch.

The other one the same distance but in the other direction is slightly better, in that it actually has enough staff to cope with the growing tidal wave of freshly unemployed persons, seeking funds for a basic roof over their heads and the possibility of a vegemite sandwich for themselves and the kids.

Either way you still end up feeling like an entire drunk footy team has had their wicked way with you. For many good reasons there are a number of hoops that have to be jumped through in order to be deemed worthy of the less than poverty level funds that you can receive, but I really think the sometimes flaming hoops and broken glass on the ground is a bit much. We have been told that seeing as I have already been identified as a real person and not a hedge trimmer, I will not need to fill out any paper work or once again produce ID, which I finally have. So anyway I am going in with all my relevant bits and pieces because believing what you are told can and has proved to be something along the lines of Russian Roulette with these guys.

It will be interesting to see the reaction tomorrow when Centerstink works out we have been without any funds for about three weeks. So says the intention to claim on their own computers. They can’t back out of that one. Technically we should have been paid at least a week ago, I am going to be very interested to hear the excuses about why we can’t receive anything for at least three working days. Now before I start getting offers of week old left over Chinese from all my caring friends, fear not. We are still holding well, even if the fridge and the freezer are starting to look like some sort of underground set of caverns. It does tend to make you remember how to live lean. Very lean.

On the upside, these days, there are very few willing to call others lazy or dole bludgers. Because they know dam well, they could be next, right behind Mickey Mouse and everyone else who thought their job was safe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In our case, we are still waiting to be paid for a completely finished interior and exterior
completed 2 and half months ago..... MOTH was told yesterday that the painter who contracted us to do the work for him, was only being paid just a little over what MOTH has charged for the job and therefore is trying to whittle down MOTH's invoice... LIKE HELL.... he will have me to deal with if we get less than we quoted him.

and it wont be pretty,
Meanwhile,, good luck with CenterF**k.. take all relevent bits and dont let em get away with squat,,
I am just so over the way they treat the less fortunate ones that have lost their jobs etc..
Like we all did it on purpose...FFS...WANKERS!!!

Ausgaz said...

DD

If its any consolation even the workers at centrefraud hate going there.

My sister in law has taken leave without pay because she has had a gutfull of the place and she refuses to return to work.

Moko 2.0 said...

Yeah, try the Ipswich one...

becomingkate said...

I hope they pay up asap!

Domestic Daze said...

I am happy to annouce that all is well and happy, as I said, seeing as we were in fact owed monies, had more info than required and all in order, things went smoothly. Makes a nice change to being given the run around.

Dr Yobbo said...

Must be one of the worst jobs in the world, working for C--terlink. (It's an E and a N, honest).