Thursday, July 9, 2009

You have been warned….

I am truly gob smacked. Dumb founded and lost for words. Yes the Vatican shall be informed of this miracle.

In the process of having a chat with a few fellow twitters of note, I was left shell shocked to find out these toughened sun bronzed Aussie guys had not sampled the new Vegemite. This is an Australian Icon for heavens sake! You guys are supposed to be the final word on all things Australian and yet I hear such blasphemous comments as “Is there a new vegemite out?” and “Is it in the shops yet?”

Come on guys! Your letting the side down here! After a recent verbal lashing to my humble self over likewise spreads, you then proceed to announce ignorance about the biggest Vegemite related thing since it’s very invention!

I have come to depend on you guys for my once in a while dose of what it was like to stand in a pub, on a Friday night and listen to the ensuing verbal tide that would leave no one in doubt that the levels of testosterone where dangerously high. Where else do I find out what sport is on where in the world? Where else can I learn about the resurrection of utes, long past their date of manufacture? Various fabulous meals cooked? Handyman type endeavours, all executed with flair and style?

I am completely disillusioned here. Except of course for the fact Husband of the century does all of the above, before lunch, on most days, when he doesn’t have anything better to do. But to hear such news from you, next thing will be is your not noticing salt, sugar, fat, alcohol and basically everything that tastes nice being made illegal.

Gentlemen, time to lift your game! Seemingly simple things such as this being missed may lead to your ultimate collective downfall! Not keeping an eagle like eye on your world can only end badly, such as floral curtains in worksheds, weekly lunches with annoying relatives and no salt, no sugar, no alcohol, vegan, sport and TV hating dare I say it…..SNAGS!

7 comments:

Damian said...

But but but... surely we all adopted Dick Smith brand vegemite when the original went offshore... and in any case how could one regard a "new" vegemite with anything but suspicion and distrust?

Dr Yobbo said...

"You guys are supposed to be the final word on all things Australian..."

Um, Daze, you might want to check Moko's passport. Just quietly I think he's one of them foreign types.

May also come as a surprise to find that new Vegemites aren't usually pub conversation fodder - not when the footy's on anyway!

Apparently it tastes of arse.

Nautilus said...

I hate vegemite and all associated products. Always have and always will.

Big Bad Al said...

We may have to kick Naut out of the Shed! A disgrace! Rumph!

No one puts Vegemite in the corner.

The new Cheesy Vegemite is only a ploy to suck in those Amerikins. Suckers!

Real men eat Vegemite raw... or at the least on buttered (not margarined) toast.

Moko 2.0 said...

I refuse to acknowledge it. I have enquired, and opinions have been offered, and it apparently comes up as 'meh'.

Domestic Daze said...

Damian, regardless of off shore profits, it is still an Australian icon. I don't believe we Aussies are so narrow minded as to exclude something a little different, are we?

Dr Yobbo, Moko gets in on a technicality, he married an Aussie girl, and after seeing some of the things you guys will talk about, no, this doesn't seem that strange. lol.

Naut, Ouch. But lots of people do like it.

Havock, but being the manly men you all are I would assume you would not be frightened to try something a little outside your comfort zone.

Al, Like I said to Havock, what is the harm in trying it?

Moko, Ditto with Havock and Al, surely you guys are more open minded than this?

Ausgaz said...

DD

There is but one Vegemite.

Couldn't be bothered trying any other than the original (that includes Vegemite singles).

AG